Monday 18 May 2009

Off to See the Wizard

So tomorrow is the penultimate day. I’m being admitted in the afternoon where I think they will show me around and introduce me to the staff. Of course the doctors and surgeons won’t be there because they’re far too busy, and I say this without any tone of sarcasm (I’ve already met the doctors and surgeons a few weeks back)! So my first night at hospital will be pretty comfortable depending on the type of dinner they give me... I wonder if they take requests... Pizza...mmm...

Anyway, back on topic! After my night’s sleep I’m going to be carted off to surgery which I’ve been told takes place before 9am. I don’t think I’m going to like waking up that early in a strange environment. And from there...well I have no idea! But I’m going to try and remember as much as possible to write down in this blog because I know there will be some people who are preparing for the same operation who want more information about the process.

So as you’ve already figured out, this blog won’t be updated for a while. I’m expecting to be in the hospital for about 6-8 days...and you know what, I’m still not worried about it! I think tomorrow when I’m actually inside the hospital then that will really test my nerves. What’s kept me relaxed about the whole thing is that the nurses don’t see you as another patient, but as an individual. I’ve rang the hospital a few times for various questions and the nurses know me by name as soon as I speak. They actually remember the last conversation we had on the phone, even if that was 2-3 weeks ago. And they’re also not in a rush to brush you off – I find myself being the one who has to try and end the conversation!

So anyway that’s that. Everything’s set and the next time I post I should be on the way to recovery (assuming nothing gets delayed)!

P.S. I just realised I’m going to miss the Champions’ League Final...nooooo! I have my priorities clearly set as you can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics