Tuesday 14 April 2009

Heart Pain

As there's about 3 weeks left till my operation, I thought it would be a good idea to post an update of sorts. Ever since being told I needed an operation I've found myself more aware of my heart. Little aches and twinges are now much more noticeable. Now the cause of this is either two things: Knowing my heart is in a bad state so things that I didn't notice now are more prominent in my mind; or...there is a change now in my heart which is more clearer after the diagnosis.

Or even more annoyingly, it could be a mixture of the two. For example, when I haven't eaten for a while I find my heart aching. I don't think this is anything too serious. Also, in the evenings I'm more aware of my heart, but my cardiologist has told me this is a normal sensation. What I think is more serious is that I get more out of breath going up and down stairs. Two or three flights of stairs are enough for me. Also, very mild games of kicking a football around in the garden quickly gets me out of breath. I've just come in from a 2-3 minutes outside (no running) and my heart is twinging. Is this a normal thing for people about to undergo surgery? Leave some comments to let me know your thoughts!

I really can't wait for surgery...then I won't have these problems! On another note...I'm planning to go to Thorpe Park (a theme park) next week...I think I better ring my nurse to ask if that's actually a good idea...

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say good luck with your surgery! I like the blog so far! I'm 28 and have a leaky Aortic valve that will need to be replaced (3 years ago it was "within 10 years") so I'm with you in wanting to go mechanical but not really wanting to spend the rest of my life on medication. Also since finding out about my problems all I can think about is my heart and every little twinge worries me! It's really irritating! Anyway, best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics